Friday, May 2, 2014

Strawberry Coconut, Protein Smoothie!

I did the impossible.
Today. I passed my jogging class Final Exam.
You're probably thinking: How intense can a jogging final be, right?  Wrong.
 
I am in no way a fast runner. Small children just learning to walk, run faster than I do. I guess that is something I am going to try and work on, maybe a May Goal? But nonetheless, I just do not run fast, at all.
 
The Final Exam was a timed 5K was had to be completed in 30 minutes or less. You're also probably thinking - the pizza place has a 30 minutes or less guarantee? So you're telling me you cannot run faster than it takes for someone to (1) take your order, (2) make the pizza, (3) cook the pizza, (4)take the pizza out, and (5) bring the pizza to your door?
 
Yep. Can't do it.
But I passed, which was the whole point of that long rant.
 
 
After my victory I headed over to do a few minutes of Abs. I did my version of 8 Minute Abs. According to my dentist (my dentist of all people) the best time to do an Ab workout to strengthen your core is after a run. She said that because running strengthens your back muscles so much the easiest way to strengthen your core is to do is immediately after do a core workout. So I did! Thank you Mrs. Dentist for that helpful tip!
When I got home I knew I wanted to whip up some kind of protein packed smoothie to help me recover from the run! The entire way home I thought about it and tried to think about what I wanted to concoct. I love thinking about different smoothie concoctions in my head! I think I do it a little too much... I decided to use the AboutTime Protein Strawberry Flavor and make up something wonderful! AboutTime sent me some products to try out and I was so excited to try out the Strawberry one because I haven't tried that one yet! I am obsessed with this company because they strive for all natural ingredients and eliminate all that gunk that other protein powder companies could care less about. Check out my post about their Dark Chocolate Brownie Bar that I am in love with, here!
 
Ingredients:
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 cup Frozen Strawberries
1 single serving packet About Time Protein
1 TSP Coconut Oil
1 TSP Milled Golden Flaxseed
 
*1 scoop of any strawberry flavor or regular protein powder would work well too but the flavor would not be as "strawberryish" if you use vanilla.
 
Directions:
1. Combine 1 cup Frozen strawberries and 1 cup Coconut Milk in blender. This gets your blender going and allows for all the frozenness to blend and make the smoothie nice and creamy.
2. Next add About Time Protein, Milled Flaxseed, and melted Coconut Oil to the previously blended strawberries and coconut milk.
*Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds - if not melted coconut oil will not mix well into the smoothie and will clump. Ew.
3. Blend, blend, blend!
Serve!  
This smoothie was delicious and just what I was looking for! My only regret though was it could have been a little sweeter and was a little too "liquidy" for my liking. I wish I would have added about 1 squirt of my zero calorie Skinnygirl Liquid Stevia and I wish I would have blended it a little less!
The great thing about having pretty garnishments on your smoothies is eating it after and messing it all up! I wish I would have had more fresh strawberries/more time to dip my strawberries in the smoothie! It was so good!
 
Oh, and did I forget to mention? This smoothie is also protein PACKED with 26.5g of protein! This smoothie was so big the entire thing is not shown! There was enough for about half of a glass more still in the blender! So I had about 2/3 of it and left it the fridge for my Mom or sister to drink.
 
Sip + enjoy!
 
 
 
Nutrition for entire smoothie:
275 Calories, 22.1g Carbs, 10.4g Fat, 26.5g Protein
 
 
 
 
 
Have a fit + fantastic day!
 
 
 
 
Follow AboutTime Protein:
 
 
  
 *Disclaimer: The AboutTime products were sent to me as a promotional item for my review. I love the products anyway and was more than happy to promote them on my blog. I received no compensation and my opinions are mine and mine alone.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment