A little over a month ago I made the best decision of my life...
I bought a Mini-Donut maker.
I bought it on a whim and cried when it came in.
Yes, I'm serious.
Apparently these things are popping up everywhere. When I bought mine from Groupon I found out that Wal-Mart was selling them for $6!
That's a steal! These things are amazing and there are so many different recipes you are bound to find one you will love!
Go out and buy one, I promise you won't regret it.
This is the one I bought, it's called The Original Donut Factory Mini Donut Machine. It makes 6 Mini-Donuts at a time and takes about 3-4 minutes to make!
Think about it, say you want to make 30 Mini-Donuts... it would only take about 20 minutes!
The second I ordered that mine I immediately started looking up healthy donut recipes on Pinterest.
There are so many I started to get overwhelmed and lose sight about the fact that I wanted to make "healthy" donuts not just donuts!
When the donut maker came in I ripped it open and grabbed my favorite recipe I had found!
At the time I wasn't Paleo, I was just sticking to eating healthy. Since I've been Paleo for a while now, I've learned that there are tons of ways to make recipes Paleo, yes EVEN donuts!
Next time I make these I will definitely try to make them as Paleo as possible and let you guys know how they turn out!
I used THIS recipe I found on Pinterest and altered it a little!
I made a chocolate protein glaze for the topping!
for the donuts
5 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
*I used Coconut Oil instead about 3-4TBSP
½ cup sugar
*I used Zero Calorie Sweetener
*I used about 1/2 cup egg white
½ cup milk
*I used 1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1½ cups all-purpose flour
*I used whole wheat flour - Almond Flour could be used here to make it Paleo
*I added 1 TBSP of Chia Seeds to the mix as well for added fiber.
for the topping
1/2 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
7 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Nuggets
A few TBSP of Almond milk (enough to make it creamy and dippable)
1. Turn on Mini-Donut Maker to preheat it.
2. Combine all dry ingredients. Mix.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. When Mini-Donut maker is ready spray top and bottom molds with non-stick baking spray. Then spoon in 1 large TBSP of batter to each donut mold.
5. Close lid and wait 4 minutes or until donuts are golden brown.
6. Place Mini-Donuts on cooling rack and allow to cool.
1. While donuts are cooling place 7 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Nuggets in bowl and melt in microwave.
2. Stir in Almond Milk to make it creamy.
3. Stir in Vanilla Protein Powder
4. When Mini-Donuts are cool enough dip each into Chocolate topping, flip back over and let cool on cooling rack.
5. Top with toppings of choice. I chose shredded Coconut and Rainbow sprinkles for a fun and festive look!
If you do not have a Mini-Donut maker but have a donut pan that would work just as well!
Bake at 325oF for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and insides are cooked through.
Serving Size 1 Donut - Batch made 24
66 Calories, 7.2g Carbs, 3.3g Fat, 2.3g Protein
What are you favorite kinds of donuts?
Have you ever made your own?