The other day I ranted about my love affair with the radio.
Today I am going to tell you about two even bigger love affairs I have.
Brunch and Eggs. Benedict.
First let me explain my love for Brunch. I don't think there has ever been a more beautiful combination of two words. Breakfast and Lunch. They go together like a beautiful, majestic ball of happiness.
And now for my love affair with Eggs Benedict.
I have been in love with Eggs Benedict for about a year now (happy anniversary eggs benny). I'm telling you, it's a problem. I don't know what I love more - the hollandaise sauce or the poached egg. I think it may be the poached egg. I could put it on anything - I love the softness of the egg and the gooeyness of the yoke. I could put a poached egg on anything - sandwich, pizza, ANYTHING! Hmm.. poached egg on a pizza. I'll have to try that.
Well, eggs benedict is not Paleo... sign.
So I decided to make it Paleo and eliminating the bread and using sweet potatoes instead!
Genius idea! Good thinking Morgan.
For my eggs benedict I combined Sweet Potatoes, Sautéed Kale, Bacon and a Poached Egg topped with Homemade Hollandaise sauce.
1 small Sweet Potato
1 large handful Kale
3 slices bacon
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For Hollandaise Sauce:
2 egg yolks
1 TBSP lemon
1/4 cup butter (I used clarified butter "ghee")
Pinch of red pepper
1. Preheat oven to HI broil.
2. While oven is preheating, slice sweet potato. The thinner the slices the quicker they will cook! Lightly grease sweet potato slices with 1 TBSP olive oil.
3. Cook Sweet Potatoes on HI until tender. I flipped mine halfway through.
4. Cook bacon. (I used Trader Joe's fully cooked bacon so all I had to do was pop it in the microwave for about 1 minute and it was cooked!)
5. Place handful of Kale in saucepan on medium heat. Combine with 1 TBSP olive oil and sauté until tender. I added a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder.
6. Poach your egg!
The easiest way to poach an egg:
- In small saucepan place the rim of a mason jar lid in the center.
- Fill saucepan with water to the tip of the lid.
- On high heat bring water in saucepan to a boil.
- Crack egg in center of lid.
- Remove heat, cover, let cook for 2 minutes.
*If egg white is not cooked thoroughly add heat and cover until cooked.
7. Stack the goodness! I put the Sweet Potatoes, the sautéed Kale, bacon, poached egg and then the hollandaise sauce.
Look how gorgeous this is. Seriously cannot get over how pretty it is! Side note: I just recently started using a super nice Canon camera that my uncle let me borrow for my blog. I am loving it and the pictures are amazing!
After brunch Cabela and I ventured outside because it is such a beautiful day!
On our back patio we have a doggie door! Cabela has never been through a doggie door before - it took about 10 minutes of coaxing him to walk through it but once he got it, it was hilarious!
A trip outside turned photo-shoot. I apologize that my dog is a model - he just cannot help it.
Of course we took some time to stop and smell the roses.
He's just so cute I can't handle it. I guess you could say that along with brunch and eggs benedict I also have a love affair with Cabela. Oh well!
Well that's all for now!
I hope everyone is having a great and restful Sunday!
My restful part is over and now I've got tons of errands to run!
Have a fit and fantastic day!