Monday, March 31, 2014

April Goals!

Spring has sprung!
March is basically over and April is quickly approaching.
 It is time to set goals for this upcoming month!

I've made a decision to start setting goals for myself at the beginning of each month. These goals can be anything from fitness related, food, friends, family, school, ANYTHING!
It has been proven that the more people you tell about your goals, the more likely you feel obligated to complete them!
 
What better way to start this beautiful Spring season than setting some fantastic goals?

Throughout the month I will post about my goals and my path to meet them. At the end of the month I will do a "Goals Recap" post and repost my goals and say whether or not I met them! 
 
So, here I am! Asking you guys to keep me motivated to complete my goals!
And I don't want this to just be about me!
I want to help you guys too!
Let's set goals together and be the best YOU, you can be!
 

Let's get thangs rollin'!

Goal #1
Be able to run 8 miles again. Since my Half Marathon in February I have not done a single long run. And I miss it. They always would relax me and it was my "me time" to just run, listen to music and enjoy the day. With Spring just beginning, its the perfect time to get my mileage back up before the heat waves of summer come back...

Goal #2
Lose 10lbs. I started Paleo at the beginning of Lent. Two weeks later I had lost 7lbs. It felt amazing. Since then with family events, different functions, etc. it has been hard to stick to Paleo when I am away from home. My goal is to lose at least 10lbs by the end of April to keep my body moving in the right direction.
 
 Goal #3
Reach out to long, lost friends. This past weekend I hung out with a group of gals I haven't seen in months. It made me realize that even though everyone is busy, you should still make time for those who matter most to you.

Goal #4
Practice yoga every Sunday. Yoga is something I really have started to like. Although I am the type of person who enjoys pushing myself, sweating intensely, and not being able to walk after working out, I think yoga is just what I need to wind down after a stressful week and recharge myself as the next week begins.

Goal #5
Be outside as often as possible. Nature relaxes me. There is nothing I love more than sitting down, with Cabela of course, outside in my backyard. There is something completely therapeutic of letting go of everything on your mind and focusing on the here and now. This is definitely a goal I will have no problem completing.  
 

These are goals that are well within my grasp. I just have to be dedicated, put in the work and I know that I will be able to accomplish these goals with flying colors!
 
Fabletics, Kate Hudson's fitness company, sent an email out this morning with this picture in it. I loved it and thought it was so perfect for the post I was planning on writing today.



Now, go out there enjoy your day, better yet...ROCK your day!

 
 
 
  
 
Will you be setting April Goals?
What are they? 

No comments:

Post a Comment