Thursday, June 5, 2014

Birthday Cake Protein Smoothie!

 
Happy Birthday to......?
If it's anyone's birthday out there -- then happy birthday to you!
 
If not and you're like me... then make yourself one of these fun and festive smoothies just to celebrate a random weekday ; )  
Prepare yourself for loads of pictures. The sprinkles + the decorations were just too fun to pass up!
P.S. All pictures taken by yours truly : )

Let me first start off by saying no, it is not my birthday.
Do I want it to be? Yes.
Well then why did you make this, Morgan?

Since you asked...I had a pack of Birthday Cake AboutTime Protein Powder staring at me in my kitchen and I thought it was be fun to do some cool decorations + have a smoothie photo-shoot.
This smoothie was full of protein, 27g of protein actually! Only 240 calories for the entire batch! What is shown isn't actually the entire batch -- there was about 1 cup left in the blender, just FYI.  

But seriously, I think I may decide to nix the cake this year and just have a birthday cake smoothie instead!
Did I mention that this was a clean smoothie too? All of the ingredients were natural!
I used my Birthday Cake AboutTime Protein Flavor that only has 4 ingredients (that you can pronounce): Cold Processed Ultra Micro-filtered Whey Isolate, Natural Flavors, Xantham Gum, Stevia.






I was curious to see how AboutTime's Protein stood up against leading Whey Proteins on the market. So I Googled "protein powder" and these were the ingredients from a random company I chose:
Whey Protein Blend [Micro-Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate (providing ß-lactoglobulin, a-lactalbumin, Immunoglobulins, and Serum Albumin), Ion-Exchanged Whey Protein Isolate (providing ß-lactoglobulin, a-lactalbumin, Immunoglobulins, and Glycomacro Peptides) and Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate], Fructose, Cocoa, Natural Flavors, Free-Form L-Glutamine, Soy Lecithin, Xanthan Gum and Organic Stevia Extract (Stevia rebaudiana) (Leaf). Contains milk and soy derivatives.
 
Looking at the ingredients, what would you rather consume?
Something you can pronounce or fancy gunk you can't?
 
That's what I love about AboutTime Protein -- if you are on a clean + healthy eating plan, you can still eat this without filling your body with loads of junk.
I had this smoothie for Breakfast and it held me over way past lunch -- it actually helped me stay full so at lunch I didn't over eat!

Now for the fun part -- what actually went into this beauty of a breakfast!

Ingredients:
1 single serving pack of Birthday Cake flavor AboutTime Protein
1 medium frozen Banana
1/2 cup frozen Strawberries
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 squeeze Liquid Stevia (I used Skinnygirl's Brand)
1 TSP Rainbow Sprinkles -- for fun : )

Directions:
1. Combine frozen fruit with 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk -- to get the blender going.
2. Once frozen parts are blended, combine the remaining ingredients into the blender.
3. Serve immediately and garnish with sprinkles + a few candles for decorative fun : )
4. Make a wish + ENJOY!
Hope you all pretend today is your birthday and enjoy it!
And if today actually is your birthday then live it up and drink your cake in the form of a smoothie!
  
Nutrition per Serving:
240 Calories, 34g Carbs, 0.6g Fat, 27g Protein
 
 
 
 
 
Have a fit + fantastic day!
Oh, Happy Birthday to whoever you are out there ; )
 
 
 
 
 
 
Follow AboutTime Protein:
 
*Disclaimer: The AboutTime products were sent to me as a promotional item for my review. I love the products anyway and was more than happy to promote them on my blog. I received no compensation and my opinions are mine and mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment